Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Good Day.

Yesterday was one of those really good days. A change from the overwhelmingly stressful days that have been the norm over the past several weeks.

I got about 1.5 hours of sleep Sunday night, and yet woke up Monday (after going to bed at 8:00am having finished my paper and waking up at 9:00am) refreshed. I went to my tutorial, had an excellent conversation about The Moonstone, and was informed that the paper I had just handed in (the result of a rather fuzzy all-nighter) was perhaps the best paper I've written all semester. Win. Had a delicious sandwich for lunch as I walked to the library, enjoyed the snow falling, "led" a fantastic music class at the homeless/underprivileged resource center where I learned to work turntables, made my way home. Took a nap, watched an episode of the OC, had a ridiculously simple but delicious dinner, had a great time at choir rehearsal (where, regardless of my hoarse voice - the result of coughing all weekend - I was still able to sing quite well), and finished the night off with ice cream, travel planning, and Skype dates with my parents.

Today has been completely unproductive, partially because I'm making up for the 10 hours of sleep I've gotten in the last 72, and partially because my next tutorial revolves around Derek Walcott's poetry and my tutor hasn't sent me an essay topic or outside sources yet. I've rather enjoyed it, though this cold needs to go away now.

I think breaking points (like the one experienced a few days ago) are a good thing. I always have. Once you reach that breaking point, things can only improve. You are then able to appreciate the little things that brighten your day and overcome those obstacles with newfound strength. *Sigh*

It's looking up. Finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment