Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Few Updates

It has been far too long since I have written! I hate when someone sends me a link to a blog and then they don't update it, so I apologize to any who share these sentiments!

Let's see ... a lot has been going on. I've met with my tutor twice now (and will again today), written two rather long essays (the first one he liked, the status of the second will be found out today), and read numerous books on the social and political background of The Lyrical Ballads and Ngugi wa Thiong'o's choice of language in A Grain of Wheat. I've been reading for the past three days straight. The procrastination tendency is slowly going away as my schedule fills up.

On that note, I've joined the University Chorus (a non-auditioning mixed chorus), and we're singing Beethoven's Mass in C, which I coincidentally sang last spring. I met a few people, and I'm really looking forward to how it'll turn out. I also attended yoga the other night - definitely to become a new weekly habit. It's 5 quid though, but since I've been way below my budget for the past two weeks I'll indulge myself. I also want to join the knitting club, which I've heard is a great place for bonding and gossip.

The service aspect is going very slow. People take forever to respond, and everyone's so busy that the classes I wanted to participate in for the local young adult homeless population are often cancelled or rescheduled. Oh well. I emailed other people about things to do, so we'll see how that goes.

Our group took a trip to Bath and Stonehenge this Sunday (pictures can be seen on my Facebook - I'll post several pictures on here when my internet stops being spotty). Bath was beautiful; Stonehenge was fascinating but there's only so much looking at rocks to be done. Nevertheless, it was a good day.

This post hasn't been as detailed as I'd have liked, but alas, my lecture starts in 33 minutes and it takes 27 to get there, so I must fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment